Clare Congregational Church


Clare Congregational Church photo of Clare Congregational Church
Saginaw architect William T. Cooper designed this church in a Greek cross plan. The church, built in 1909, is one of only a few in Michigan that reflect how early twentieth-century Protestants adopted the architecture of fifth-and sixty-century Early Christian central plan churches. The semi-circular, auditorium-like sanctuary is embellished with patterns from European-designed stencils. The church's stained-glass windows decorated the original 1874 church.
 

Registered Site L1909
Erected 1994

Location: 110 W. Fifth St.
Clare, Clare County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.8198515 W84.7689199
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.