E. C. Williams House


E. C. Williams House photo of E. C. Williams House
E. C. Williams built this double house in 1890-91, in what was then the village of Fort Gratiot. Williams published the Fort Gratiot Sun, a newspaper that circulated primarily among railroad passengers and crew. In 1894 the village merged with the city of Port Huron, and Williams renamed the paper the Port Huron Sun. In 1894 he helped charter the local chapter of the Typographical Union of North America. The building is a rare late-nineteenth-century example of a duplex in Port Huron
 

Registered Site L1901
Erected 1994

Location: 2511-2513 Tenth Ave.
Port Huron, Saint Clair County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.000833 W82.435283
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.