East China Fractional School District No. 2


East China Fractional School District No. 2 photo of East China Fractional School District No. 2
East China Township was set off from China Township in 1859. In 1868 Harriet J. Comstock, an heir of pioneer Andrew J. Westbrook, sold a parcel of land to School District No. 2. A Frame school, built in the site prior to 1853, was replaced by this brick school around 1873. It was one of three mid-nineteenth-century schools in the township, and is the only one remaining. Classes were held here until 1954. The township restored the building in 1988-1991 for use as a museum.
 

Registered Site L1833
Erected 1993

Location: 696 Meisner Road
Marine City, Saint Clair County

Topics:
Museums
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.75380 W82.48998
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.