Fruitland District No.6 School


Fruitland District No.6 School photo of Fruitland District No.6 School
This clapboard school with its octagonal belfry was erected here in 1883, following the organization of Fruitland District No.6 in 1882. The new school was built by Thomas Keilor on land donated by John McNeil. Students attended class here from 1883 through May 1948, when Fruitland Township School District consolidated with Whitehall. In 1961 the school was donated to the White Lake Community Club. The club deeded the property to Fruitland Township in 1990.
 

Registered Site L1820
Erected 1992

Location: 6227 S. Shore Dr..
Whitehall, Muskegon County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.3659992 W86.3973855
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.