Laketown Township Hall


Laketown Township Hall photo of Laketown Township Hall
Laketown Township was settled by Dutch immigrants who arrived in the area in 1847. Originally part of Newark Township, Laketown was set off in 1858 and named for its proximity to Lake Michigan. Officials did not have a meeting hall until 1884 when they had this structure built on land deeded by Klaas and Geesje Oostema. The simple hall served as a community center until 1988 when a new one was dedicated. Much of the original interior remains intact.
 

Registered Site L1811
Erected 2000

Location: A-6280 142nd Avenue
Holland, Allegan County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.7249791 W86.1626601
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.