Pine Grove Cemetery


Pine Grove Cemetery photo of Pine Grove Cemetery
In 1868 the Williams Township Board of Health authorized a township burial ground and voted to purchase land for that purpose. In 1871 the board purchased five acres previously designated for school purposes from the state of Michigan for twenty dollars. The cemetery contains seventy nineteenth century graves; the oldest is dated 1871. The center lot of the original plat is the "Soldier's Mound," where Memorial Day services have been held. Many of the township's pioneers are interred here, but the most unusual monument honors Jess M. Almond, who died in 1908. Almond was a member of the Woodsmen of the World; his marker depicts a tree trunk and cut logs.
 

Registered Site L1782
Erected 1993

Location: 4495 South Eleven Mile Rd.
Williams Township, Bay County

Topics:
Cemeteries


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.6107719 W84.1089624
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.