Central Avenue Christian Reformed Church

Central Avenue Christian Reformed Church Central Avenue Christian Reformed Church
In 1865, The Holland Church, the city's first Christian Reformed congregation, was formed. In 1866 the group bought this lot on what was then Market Street and moved a school here to use as a church. The following year the congregation built a new church and adopted the name True Dutch Reformed Church. It became popularly known as Market Street Church. By 1899 the street and the church were renamed Central Avenue. The present church was built in 1952.
 

Registered Site L1780
Erected 1990

Location: 1 Grave Place at Central Avenue
Holland, Ottawa County


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.787555 W86.107067
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2012 James Brennan. All rights reserved.