Toledo, Saginaw & Muskegon Railway Depot

Toledo, Saginaw & Muskegon Railway Depot Toledo, Saginaw & Muskegon Railway Depot
In 1888 the Toledo, Saginaw & Muskegon Railway (T.S. & M.) built this depot. It was one of six constucted that year on the line between Muskegon and Ashley. The depot typifies country, "combination-type" depots; it sheltered passengers, the station agent/telegrapher and freight. In 1928 the T.S. & M. became part of the Grand Trunk Western Railroad. The building was vacated in the 1940s. In 1873 the West Michigan Railroad Historical Society purchased and restored the depot.
 

Registered Site L1749
Erected 1992

Location: North Union St.
Sparta, Kent County


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.1676619 W85.7076126
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2012 James Brennan. All rights reserved.