First Congregational Church


First Congregational Church photo of First Congregational Church
The First Congregational Church is the oldest congregation in Gaylord. In 1874 the Reverend James McKay founded it as a mission church with twenty-one members. It was officially organized three years later. In 1878 the Reverend Abram Van Auken arrived and construction began on a church, dedicated in 1879. That church has been incorporated into the present structure. In 1957, as a result of a national merger, this congregation joined the United Church of Christ.
 

Registered Site L1635
Erected 1992

Location: 218 W 2nd St.
Gaylord, Otsego County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N45.025509 W84.67606
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.