Zion Lutheran Church {Detroit]


Zion Lutheran Church {Detroit] photo of Zion Lutheran Church {Detroit]
Blocks of limestone that once formed the old Detroit post office were used to construct the Zion Lutheran Church in 1933. This Neo-Gothic-style church, designed by the firm of Maul & Lentz of Detroit, was dedicated on May 27, 1933. In 1882, West Prussian immigrants had organized the congregation and built a frame church on this site. Services were conducted exclusively in German until 1925. It became an integrated congregation in 1961.
 

Registered Site L1626
Erected 1990

Location: 4305 Military Avenue
Detroit, Wayne County

Topics:
Lutheran Churches


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.332089 W83.119521
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2017 James Brennan. All rights reserved.