St. Andrew's Cemetery


St. Andrew's Cemetery photo of St. Andrew
On August 5, 1852, Father Charles Louis DeCeuninck purchased ten acres of land for the formation of St. Andrew's Cemetery. The land was deeded to Bishop LeFevre on December 7, 1852. It was the first permanent Catholic cemetery in Grand Rapids. Louis Campau, founder of Grand Rapids, and his wife, Sophie DeMarsac Campau, are buried in St. Andrew's. Also buried here are Father Andrew Viszocky, an early priest of Grand Rapids and pastor of St. Andrew's Church, and John Clancy, a lumberman and philanthropist.
 

Registered Site L1593
Erected 1989

Location: Prince Street between Madison and Union
Grand Rapids, Kent County

Topics:
Cemeteries


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.9462453 W85.6566238
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.