Oak Grove Burying Ground


Oak Grove Burying Ground photo of Oak Grove Burying Ground
Oak Grove is Taylor's largest municipal cemetery. The first burial took place on this site in 1838. It has grown form the original one acre parcel donated by Garrett and Lydia Putnam in 1961. Sixty graves date from the nineteenth century. Prominent pioneer families such as the Mayfields, the Paschkes and the Pardees are interred here. Many headstones have German inscriptions, reflecting the ethnic origins of Taylor's citizens.
 

Registered Site L1524
Erected 2000

Location: Burr Avenue south of Van Born
Taylor, Wayne County

Topics:
Cemeteries


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.2673653 W83.2748302
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.