Lansing City Market


Lansing City Market photo of Lansing City Market
Dancing and fiddling heralded the opening of the Lansing City Market on August 25, 1938. Built by Granger Construction Company, and partly financed by the Works Progress Administration and the Public Works Administration, this market typifies Depression era projects. The first city sponsored market at North Grand Avenue and East Shiawassee Street in 1909 after the North Side Commercial Club blocked off Turner Street twice a week and showed the city council that a farmers market could succeed.
 

Registered Site L1517
Erected 1988

Location: 333 North Cedar
Lansing, Ingham County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.736305 W84.546675
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.