Optometric Society


Optometric Society photo of Optometric Society
The state's professional optometry association was founded as the Michigan Optical Society in Muskegon in 1896. Benson W. Hardy, Jay W. Gould, Ernst Elmer, Nelson K. Standart, Emil H. Arnold were its first directors. In 1904 the group was incorporated as the Michigan Society of Optometrists. It became the Michigan Optometric Association in 1945. The group moved its headquarters to Detroit in 1944 and to Lansing in 1956. Ninety years after its founding, the association included 670 practitioners of optometry.
 

Registered Site L1408
Erected 1987

Location: 530 West Ionia St.
Lansing, Ingham County

Topics:
Clubs and Organizations


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.735985 W84.559023
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.