Religious Society Church


Religious Society Church photo of Religious Society Church
The First Religious Society of Ray organized in 1869 and built this church on land donated by Arad Freeman, a member of Ray's founding families. Known for a time as the Ray Union Church, it originally had a steeple and was similar in design to the Mill School. The church became the township hall when the society disbanded in 1950. Although Congregational in character the society had encouraged all Christian denominations to worship together.
 

Opposite side of the marker is Ray Township District School No. 1.

Registered Site L1389
Erected 2002

Location: 64255 Wolcott Road
Ray Township, Macomb County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.7699667 W82.9286187
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.