Sutherland House


Sutherland House photo of Sutherland House
This house was built for William Sutherland in 1921. A prefabricated semi-bungalow, it was constructed by the Lewis Manufacturing Company of Bay City, which built many such bungalows in Michigan between 1914 and 1940. Sutherland, a horticulturist and land developer, owned a large section of land in southwest Plymouth. After building this house, the first in the area, Sutherland sold the remaining lots to the city for the Sunshine Acres subdivision. Sutherland Street is named in his honor.
 

Registered Site L1377
Erected 1987

Location: 1142 South Main St.
Plymouth, Wayne County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.362346 W83.469702
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.