Caro Masonic Temple


Caro Masonic Temple photo of Caro Masonic Temple
This two-story Italianate commercial building was erected in 1879. One of the first brick buildings on Caro's main street, the structure built by businessman and philanthropist Charles Montague as a bank and general store. When the building was enlarged in 1887, the entire second floor became the Masonic Temple. On December 27, 1887, Rufus C. Hathaway, Grand Master of the Free and Accepted Masons of Michigan, dedicated the temple during a gala ceremony.
 

Registered Site L1349
Erected 1987

Location: 156 North State
Caro, Tuscola County

Topics:
Clubs and Organizations


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.489365 W83.395849
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.