Michigan Automobile Dealers Association


Michigan Automobile Dealers Association photo of Michigan Automobile Dealers Association
In 1920 the Michigan Automotive trade association was founded in Detroit. On May 19, 1921, the group was incorporated, with the following officers: G. S. Garber, President: H. H. Shuart Secretary; and Clark Graves, Treasurer. The association's purpose is to promote and protect the interests of franchised dealers. In 1937 the association moved from Detroit to Lansing and changed its name to the Michigan Automobile Dealers Association. The 100th anniversary of the powered automobile patent was celebrated in 1986. To commemorate this milestone, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed 1986 the Centennial Year of the gasoline Automobile. In Michigan's sesquicentennial year, 1987, the association had 850 members.
 

Registered Site L1338
Erected 1987

Location: 1500 Kendale Blvd.
East Lansing, Ingham County

Topics:
Clubs and Organizations


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.750301 W84.481184
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.