Old Three Rivers Public Library


Old Three Rivers Public Library photo of Old Three Rivers Public Library
Built in 1904, this structure served as a public library for seventy-five years. Financed by an Andrew Carnegie grant, it was designed by A. W. Rush and Co. and built by H. V. Snyder & Sons. Warren J. Willets donated the site. The exterior pink granite and the interior wood came from the local area. A mosaic skylight and four Grecian columns adorn the entrance room. The building is part of the Downtown Three Rivers Commercial Historic District.
 

Registered Site L1315
Erected 1984

Location: 107 North Main
Three Rivers, Saint Joseph County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N41.946052 W85.63462
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.