Brighton District No. 8 School


Brighton District No. 8 School photo of Brighton District No. 8 School
In 1842 pioneer settler Richard Lyons donated land for the first school in Brighton Township's District No. 8. Area Methodists worshipped in the log school until 1874. In 1885 the log building was replaced with this one-room Clapboard structure. Classes were held here until area schools consolidated in 1956. The building then served as the Brighton Township Hall. In 1984 it was restored for use as a museum.
 

Registered Site L1300
Erected 2000

Location: 11455 Buno Road
Brighton, Livingston County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.546038 W83.721243
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.