Holly's Town Hall


Holly's Town Hall photo of Holly
Holly's Town Hall has been a center of community activity since it was built in 1892. Holly Township in Oakland County was formally organized in 1838, and the village of Holly was incorporated in 1865. The two local governments decided to join efforts in building a town hall after their nearby rival, Fenton in Genesee County, erected a hall in the late 1880s. Township voters approved the idea in 1889; village voters in 1890. The two governments shared equally in the planning and funding of the $3,000 project. The hall has been used for municipal offices, a fire station, a jail, a polling place and as a setting for social, cultural and political gatherings. Village offices remained here until 1858; township offices, until 1982.
 

Registered Site L1261
Erected 1985

Location: 102 Front Street
Holly, Oakland County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.79306 W83.63258
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.