Brown City Community Schools


Brown City Community Schools photo of Brown City Community Schools
In 1884 the first school in this area was established on the Hughson farm site. About halfway through the 1886 school term, that building burned. The term was completed in a blacksmith shop. Before the year was out, however, a frame school had been built on a site called the Indian Sugar Bush. The frame school originally served students in grades one through eight. In 1895, five young women made up its first high-school graduating class. The present building replaced the frame school in 1915.
 

Registered Site L1187A
Erected 1986

Location: 4290 Second Street
Brown City, Sanilac County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.214007 W82.991341
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.