Mason's Tavern


Mason's Tavern photo of Mason
Daniel Mason, a native of New Hartford, New York, built this structure as a stagecoach inn and tavern around 1850. It soon became a popular stagecoach stop along the route of the Flint and Fentonville Plank Road Company, which was established in 1849. From 1853 to 1871, Mundy Township's first post office was also housed here. The tavern and post office continued to operate until shortly after the Flint and Pere Marquette Railway came to the area. In 1879, Mason sold the property and moved to Flint, where he died in 1880. The tavern later became a private residence.
 

Note Mason's Tavern has been relocated from 7500 Fenton Rd., Grand Blanc to Crossroads Village. Unfortunately the marker did not accompany it.

Registered Site L1132
Erected 1986

Location: 5045 Stanley Rd
Flint, Genesee County

Topics:
Hotels and Inns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.092584377 W83.65129841
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2017 James Brennan. All rights reserved.