Howarth School


Howarth School photo of Howarth School
John Howarth provided the land on which this Greek Revival schoolhouse was built in 1859. The building served the community as a place of worship for the Howarth United Methodist Church and as an Oakland County school. The Methodists moved to new building across the street in 1898; however, the building was used as a school until 1955 when the Orion township school system was consolidated. The church then acquired the building for its vacation Bible school and its annual Christmas bazaar.
 
 
a photo of Howarth School Side 2
Relocated from original site at Silver Bell Road and Bald Mountain Road to Friendship Park on Clarkston Road at Baldwin Road. Original Coords: 42.72325 -83.23475.

Registered Site L1059
Erected 1988

Location: Silver Bell Road at Bald Mountain Road
Orion Township, Oakland County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.768375811 W83.31275939
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2016 James Brennan. All rights reserved.