Hope Township District No. 4 School


Hope Township District No. 4 School photo of Hope Township District No. 4 School
From 1872 to 1963, Hope Township children attended school in this building, known as the Hinds School because of its location at the crossroads commumity of Hinds Corners. The school stood vacant for almost twenty years when Robert Casey, a Hinds student in the 1930s, purchased it in 1981. Casey (1928 - 1997), a teacher here and in Hastings, restored the building as a place for children to visit.
 

Registered Site L1049
Erected 1998

Location: Brogan and Cedar Creek Roads
Hope Township, Barry County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.5732781 W85.3232574
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.