Webster Township Hall


Webster Township Hall photo of Webster Township Hall
In 1976, Webster Township Hall, built in 1871, was the sixth oldest township hall in continuous use in the state. The structure, which replaced a building at Scully and North Territorial roads, was designed by Isaac Terry. Its cost of $1,758.17 included the land, fence and hitching posts. It relied on kerosene lamps as late as 1920 and on a woodburning stove until 1970. The room at the back of the hall was added in 1948. Among the events celebrated at the hall was the 1933 Webster Township Centennial.
 

Registered Site L1047
Erected 1983

Location: 5001 Gregory
Webster Township, Washtenaw County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.36966 W83.83307
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.