Theron Murray House


Theron Murray House photo of Theron Murray House
In 1831, Oakland County pioneers Theron and Rebecca Murray purchased eighty acres of land from the U. S. government including this site. This Greek Revival house and barn, constructed around 1835, were built of hand-hewn beams with wooden pegs. From 1942 to 1958, Charles W. Malpass owned the house as well as a parcel directly across Halstead Road. That forty-acre pasture served as a landing strip for private planes. Malpass allegedly named the house "Upson Downs."
 

Registered Site L0962
Erected 1989

Location: 30943 Halstead Road
Farmington Hills, Oakland County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.524039 W83.418636
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.