Glen Oaks


Glen Oaks photo of Glen Oaks
This graceful English-style stone clubhouse, completed in 1925, was designed by Butterfield and Butterfield of Farmington. In 1923 developers began the Oakland Subdivision housing development. The clubhouse and its adjoining nine-hole public golf course were part of that development. During the 1925-26 school year the clubhouse was used for a school while a new district school for the area was being completed. The original dining room was extended in 1952 and again in 1968. After passing through several owners, the golf course and clubhouse were purchased by the Oakland County Parks and Recreation Commission in 1978. The commission has restored much of the imposing slate-roofed clubhouse as a focal point of the Glen Oaks County Park.
 

Registered Site L0960
Erected 1986

Location: 30500 West Thirteen Mile Road
Farmington Hills, Oakland County

Topics:
Hotels and Inns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.513895 W83.354459
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.