Warner Wine Haus

Warner Wine Haus Warner Wine Haus
Completed in 1898, this structure was built as a waterworks station for the village of Paw Paw. Water from artesian wells powered the plant, first by steam and after 1908 by hydro-electricity. In the 1920s the wells were capped, and the structure soon fell into disrepair. Warner Vineyards purchased the structure in 1967. Using lumber from old wine casks and period materials, the firm remodeled the station as a tourist and education center, which opened in 1967.
 

Registered Site L0939
Erected 1982

Location: 706 South Kalamazoo
Paw Paw, Van Buren County


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.213253 W85.891327
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2012 James Brennan. All rights reserved.