Power House


Power House photo of Power House
The Shepherd Village Power House was built in 1908-09. It housed the community's first electric plant and water pumps. The thirty-five-kilowatt dynamo, driven by a coal gas engine operated from 1909 to 1912. From 1913 to 1925 outside power was transmitted through the facility. In 1925 Consumers Power purchased the village distribution system and the Power House ceased operations. Part of the building was used as a village council hall until 1957. The Shepherd Area Historical Society began using it in 1982.
 

Registered Site L0914
Erected 1985

Location: 314 West Maple
Shepherd, Isabella County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.523324 W84.695186
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.