St. John's Church


St. John's Church photo of St. John
In 1858 twelve persons organized St. John's Church. During the Civil War the membership dispersed; the congregation reorganized in 1864. They built their first church in 1867. Shortly after the close of Easter evening services in 1893 the church burned. Detroit architects Rogers and MacFarlane designed the present Neo-Gothic Church which was built the following year. The congregation celebrated the first service in the new church on Easter Sunday 1894.
 

Registered Site L0880
Erected 1990

Location: Mead and Walker Streets
St. Johns, Clinton County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.0024815 W84.5536994
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.