Benzonia Congregational Church


Benzonia Congregational Church photo of Benzonia Congregational Church
Early in the 1850's Congregationalists came to this area to found the community of Benzonia and a Christian college. In 1860 the Reverend Charles E. Bailey, a prime figure behind the organization of the community and the college, helped organize the area's first church with eighteen members. Erected in 1884/87, this Gothic Revival style building served the congregation until 1968. In 1969 the building became the Benzie Area Historic Museum.
 

Registered Site L0879
Erected 1983

Location: 694 Grand Traverse Ave.
Benzonia, Benzie County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N44.617768 W86.106222
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.