Shroeder House


Shroeder House photo of Shroeder House
In 1896 John Schroeder built this one and one-half story log home for his family on a farm about a mile west of Freehand. His son George resided there until 1968. Exhibiting hand-hewn, notched white pine logs, boarded gables and a wood shingled roof, the cabin was moved to the Hartley Outdoor Education Center in 1978. Equipped with furnishings from the late nineteenth century, the cabin is a pioneer heritage studies site where students can practice pioneer crafts and skills. The 18' x 26' barn was built in 1981.
 

Registered Site L0877
Erected 1982

Location: 12633 Beaver Rd.
St. Charles, Saginaw County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.3140117 W84.1641569
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.