Grand Trunk Depot


Grand Trunk Depot photo of Grand Trunk Depot
This depot was constructed in 1870 as the western terminus of the Detroit, Grand Haven and Milwaukee Railroad. The line was later owned by the Grand Trunk Western Railroad. The station served Grand Haven as a passenger depot until passenger service between Detroit and Grand Haven ended in 1955. The city of Grand Haven purchased the property in 1967 and leased the depot to the Tri-Cities Historical Society. The rehabilitated structure was reopened as a historical museum in 1972.
 

Registered Site L0785
Erected 1981

Location: 1 North Harbor Avenue
Grand Haven, Ottawa County

Topics:
Museums
Transportation


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.0652039 W86.2341785
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.