Bliss Pioneer Memorial Church


Bliss Pioneer Memorial Church photo of Bliss Pioneer Memorial Church
The congregation of the East Bliss United Brethren Church was organized in 1880. During the pastorate of the Reverend Edward McFarland, this Carpenter Gothic style church was erected. It was dedicated on May 4, 1903. The congregation flourished until 1923, then declined. Financial difficulties forced it to disband in 1949. Former members purchased the church from the United Brethren Conference in 1965 and renamed it Bliss Pioneer Memorial Church. Memorial Day and fall homecoming services are held in it annually.
 

Registered Site L0778
Erected 1981

Location: Sturgeon Bay Trail west of County Rd 81
Bliss, Emmet County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N45.6797699 W84.8851346
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.