Woodberry-Kerns House


Woodberry-Kerns House photo of Woodberry-Kerns House
Darius Moon, prominent turn-of-the-century Lansing architect, designed this Queen Anne house in 1896 for Chester E. Woodberry, founder of the Lansing Capitol Savings & Loan Association. The structure's last residential owner was William G. Kerns. who owned the Kerns Hotel, which stood on North Grand Avenue. Kerns's family sold the house to the Michigan State Medical Society in 1951. Extensively remodeled in 1951, the house is one of the few remaining structures designed by Moon. It became the headquarters of the Michigan Democratic Party in 1977.
 

Buildings Designed by Darius Moon
Delta Center Methodist Church
Morgan B. Hungerford House
Rogers-Carrier House
Turner-Dodge House
Woodberry-Kerns House


Registered Site L0766
Erected 1981

Location: 606 Townsend St.
Lansing, Ingham County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.727204 W84.555609
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.