Paine-Gillam-Scott House


Paine-Gillam-Scott House photo of Paine-Gillam-Scott House
Lured by the railroad, John W. Paine (1821-1870) moved from the nearby Rochester Colony to St. Johns. In 1860 he built the town's first brick store and this house. The office was later added to this site. Dr. Samuel Gillam (1845-1908) remodeled the house in 1883. In 1904 he was joined by Dr. Walter M. Scott (1875-1934), who practiced here until his death. The Clinton County Historical Society restored the hiuse in 1978 and the office in 1986.
 

Registered Site L0765
Erected 1998

Location: 106 Maple Street
St. Johns, Clinton County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.000579 W84.559137
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.