Decatur Township Hall


Decatur Township Hall photo of Decatur Township Hall
Constructed at the turn of the century, this building replaced the original 1870 township hall. A Georgian Revival brick and stone structure, it was dedicated on September 19, 1901. Besides township activities, the hall has been the setting for traveling medicine shows, school plays and a greeting card factory. It is now used for township meetings and local elections. Since 1970 it has also housed the Decatur Community Museum.
 

Registered Site L0716
Erected 1981

Location: 103 East Delaware
Decatur, Van Buren County

Topics
Museums
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.108604 W85.974466
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2014 James Brennan. All rights reserved.