Detroit Copper & Brass


Detroit Copper & Brass photo of Detroit Copper & Brass
On this site, once owned by Christian Buhl -- alderman, city mayor, police commissioner and banker -- stands the former office of the Detroit Copper & Brass Rolling Mills Company. Buhl was the first president of the Company, which was incorporated in 1880. Company owners erected this brick Georgian style office building in 1906. Detroit Copper & Brass Rolling Mills was the largest fabricator of copper and brass in Michigan. As the primary provider of exterior ornamentation and brass engine parts for the Ford Motor Company, Detroit Copper & Brass played a major role in helping build Detroit's reputation as "the city that put America on wheels." The company was absorbed by Anaconda Copper & Brass in 1927.
 

Registered Site L0685
Erected 1980

Location: 174 South Clark
Detroit, Wayne County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.308657 W83.087693
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.