Hibbard Tavern


Hibbard Tavern photo of Hibbard Tavern
Aaron Phelps, pioneer settler and first postmaster of Milford, built this Greek Revival residence between 1836 and 1838. It was one of the first frame structures erected in the village. New York immigrant Ira Hibbard purchased the house and transformed it into a tavern in the early 1840s. It served the Milford community for many years as a tavern, stagecoach inn and mail drop on the Pontiac - Howell stage line. During the 1860s, the tavern was converted back into a private residence.
 

Registered Site L0650
Erected 1980

Location: 115 Summitt
Milford, Oakland County

Topics:
Hotels and Inns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.594673 W83.600853
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.