Harrison


Harrison photo of Harrison
The Flint and Pere Marquette Railroad platted this area in 1879, presenting a block to the county. This land became the Clare County seat in November of that same year. Named for President William Henry Harrison, the city of Harrison was incorporated as a village in 1885 and officially became a city in 1891. Harrison was noted at the turn of the century for its thriving lumber mills. Prominent lumbermen in the vicinity included Frederick Miller, Ephraim B. Rought and the Wilson brothers, who built and operated several mills on the Budd Lake shoreline.
 

Registered Site L0635
Erected 1979

Location: Lake Street and Budd Lake
Harrison, Clare County

Topics:
Cities and Towns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N44.0201321 W84.7963428
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.