Hess School


Hess School photo of Hess School
Spaulding Township was organized in 1858. Thirteen years later, Peter and Orissa Hess deeded this site to the first school district of the township for the sum of ten dollars. Local farmers erected the first school in 1875. That structure was replaced in 1915. Ten years later, fire destroyed the second building. However, in less than a years time, the present red brick schoolhouse, the third to stand on this site, was erected and opened for use. This 1925 structure has served the community schools for over fifty years.
 

Registered Site L0585
Erected 1980

Location: 1520 Houlihan Rd
Spaulding Township, Saginaw County

Topics:
Schools


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N43.3510610 W83.9449453
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.