Richmond Center for the Performing Arts


Richmond Center for the Performing Arts photo of Richmond Center for the Performing Arts
Built in 1887, this structure formerly served as the First Congregational Church. When the congregation merged with St. Paul's Evengelical and Reformed Church in 1973, it sold the building to the Richmond Community Theatre. That group adapted the interior for reuse as a theater and carefully restored the exterior. The building is a significant example of Gothic Revival architecture. The Richmond Center for the Performing Arts was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
 

Registered Site L0393
Erected 1988

Location: 69619 Parker
Richmond, Macomb County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.81346 W82.76012
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.