County Courthouse


County Courthouse photo of County Courthouse
Albert E. French designed this two-and-a-half story brick and stone building. This edifice, completed in 1890, shows influence of Richardsonian architecture and has maintained many of its original Victorian furnishings. Peter and Maria Cowdry donated the land for the courthouse square with the provision that it revert to their heirs if no longer used for a courthouse. Local citizens presented the clock to the county as a gift. The people of Livingston County voted in 1976 to restore their courthouse which is an area landmark.
 

Registered Site L0391
Erected 1978

Location: 200 East Grand River Avenue
Howell, Livingston County

Topics:
Public Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.606709 W83.928858
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.