Red Ribbon Hall


Red Ribbon Hall photo of Red Ribbon Hall
The Eaton Rapids Reform Club under the leadership of Isaac N. Reynolds, built this temperance hall in 1878. Affiliated with the national Red Ribbon movement, over a thousand local men knotted red ribbons in their lapels after pledging to abstain from all alcoholic beverages, and adopted the motto, "Dare to do right," The building served as a cultural center, and, at the turn of the century, as an opera house. Since 1924 it has been a Masonic Hall.
 

Registered Site L0361
Erected 1975

Location: 314 South Main
Eaton Rapids, Eaton County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.509798 W84.655891
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.