"Saratoga of the West"


"Saratoga of the West" photo of "Saratoga of the West"
Eaton Rapids became a popular health resort when mineral water was discovered in 1869. Attracted by advertisements boasting of its curative powers, thousands came for treatment. The water was also bottled and shipped across the country. In 1874, Anderson House was erected on this site as the town's most elegant hotel. The mineral water heyday had passed when it burned in 1911, although a bath continued to operate until 1962.
 

Registered Site L0360
Erected 1975

Location: 101 South Main
Eaton Rapids, Eaton County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.512647 W84.655572
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.