Rowe House


Rowe House photo of Rowe House
Squire and Dolly Rowe, who settled here in 1835, built this elegant, cut fieldstone house in 1855. The solid cobblestone, beaded mortar joint construction is highlighted by the pleasing and sophisticated use of delicate scrollwork under the eaves and by the smooth chiseled quoins, lintels and sills. Squire Rowe grew to a position of prominence in the community. After twenty-five terms as township supervisor, he served in the state legislature in 1865, the year before his death.
 

Registered Site L0351
Erected 1976

Location: 2360 Lone Tree Road
Milford, Oakland County

Topics:
Historic Homes


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.6223310 W83.6477833
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.