Byron


Byron photo of Byron
Samuel W. Dexter, of Dexter, Michigan, made the first purchase of land here in July, 1824. Four men known as the Byron Company bought this land in 1836 and platted the village the next year. Named after the British poet, Lord Byron, in the 1840s the town was one of the largest in the county. Incorporated as a village in 1873, throughout the last half of the nineteenth century Byron was a principal milling and agricultural supply center for the rich Shiawassee Valley.
 

Registered Site L0287
Erected 1974

Location: 312 West Maple
Byron, Shiawassee County

Topics:
Cities and Towns


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.8239 W83.948032
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.