Orchard Lake Chapel


Orchard Lake Chapel photo of Orchard Lake Chapel
Early settlers here were devout Christians, and from 1825 were served on occasion by itinerant preachers. Later Colin and Caroline Campbell had this chapel built on land donated by Peter Dow to accommodate the influx of summer visitors. It was dedicated on July 18, 1874. Early worshippers often arrived by steam boat. Since 1942 the permanent congregation has been known as the Orchard Lake Community Church, Presbyterian.
 

Registered Site L0284
Erected 1974

Location: 5171 Commerce Road
Orchard Lake, Oakland County

Topics:
Churches and Religious Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.59443 W83.38715
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.