Underhill Store


Underhill Store photo of Underhill Store
Isaac M. Dimond purchased 4,000 acres of land here in 1837. In 1850 he built a dam on the Grand River to furnish power for a sawmill and grist mill, platting the village of Dimondale in 1856. This building was constructed that year and is the oldest store in town. Owned at first by Myron Crofts, it was purchased in 1883 by Elias Underhill and taken over by his son, Rufus, in 1900. Vacant since the 1920s, the store was purchased for restoration in 1972.
 

Registered Site L0246
Erected 1974

Location: 106 Jefferson
Dimondale, Eaton County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings


Home
Facebook link
Like us to get daily history updates.
 
N42.643963 W84.651638
View detailed Google map w/Satellite view
 
© 1991-2015 James Brennan. All rights reserved.